Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://repositorio.ufma.br/jspui/handle/123456789/840
Title: Morphological characterization and analysis of genetic variability among pepper accessions
Other Titles: Caracterização morfológica e análise da variabilidade genética entre acessos de pimenta
Authors: BIANCHI, Paola Alvares
DUTRA, Iris Petronilia
MOULIN, Monique Moreira
SANTOS, Jardel Oliveira
SANTOS JÚNIOR, Alexandre Cristiano
Keywords: Capsicum
Phenotypic divergence
Genetic resources
Germplasm characterization
Divergência fenotípica
Recursos genéticos
Caracterização de germoplasma
Issue Date: 2016
Publisher: Universidade Federal de Santa Maria
Citation: BIANCHI, P. A. et al. Morphological characterization and analysis of genetic variability among pepper accessions. Ciência Rural, Santa Maria, v.46, n.7, p.1151-1157, jul. 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/0103-8478cr20150825
Abstract: The peppers of the genus Capsicum have economic potential and elevated genetic variability. The objective of the study was to characterize morpho-agronomically and estimate the genetic divergence among pepper accessions of the active germplasm bank of Capsicum of the Instituto Federal do Espírito Santo, Campus Alegre. Thirty accessions were characterized based on ten morphological descriptors being the experimental design completely randomized, with six repetitions. Genetic diversity among the accessions was estimated by the Tocher grouping method as a measurement of dissimilarity and formed eight groups. The Singh method, used to estimate the relative contribution of each character in the expression of genetic divergence, indicated that the diameter of the produce (20.19%) and the height of the plant (19.46%) were the ones to contribute most to the total divergence (39.65%) among the accessions of pepper being studied. The study evidenced the existence of high genetic variability among the accessions of C. annuum collected in the south region of the state of Espírito Santo. No correlation was detected between the genetic distance and location of collections. _________ ABSTRACT: As pimentas do gênero Capsicum possuem potencial econômico e elevada variabilidade genética. Objetivou-se realizar a caracterização morfoagronômica e estimar a divergência genética entre acessos de pimenta do banco ativo de germoplasma de Capsicum do Instituto Federal do Espírito Santo, Campus de Alegre. Foram caracterizados trinta acessos com base em dez descritores morfológicos, sendo o delineamento experimental inteiramente casualizado, com seis repetições. A divergência genética entre os acessos foi estimada pelo método de agrupamento de Tocher, como medida de dissimilaridade, formando-se oito grupos. O método de Singh, utilizado para estimar a contribuição relativa de cada caráter na expressão da divergência genética, indicou que o diâmetro do fruto (20,19%) e a altura da planta (19,46%) foram os que mais contribuíram para a divergência total (39,65%) entre os acessos de pimenta avaliados. O estudo realizado evidencia a existência de alta variabilidade genética entre os acessos de C. annuum coletados no Sul do Estado do Espírito Santo. Não foi detectada correlação entre a distância genética e os locais de coleta.
Description: CC -BY
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/123456789/840
ISSN: 1678-4596
0103-8478
Appears in Collections:Artigos - Biologia/CCAA

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Morphological characterization and analysis of genetic variability among pepper accessions.pdfArtigo313,96 kBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.